adverb & adjectivechiefly North American
- With the highest distinction: [as adverb]: he graduated summa cum laude [as adjective]: three scientific degrees, all summa cum laudeMore example sentences
- The process of determining the degrees summa cum laude will be the same as described above.
- The Yale program will award summa cum laude degrees to the top 5 percent of the graduating class; magna cum laude to the next 10 percent, and cum laude to the next 15 percent.
- Oldfield, who graduated summa cum laude with a B.S. in education, is typical of the graduates accepted by Teach for America.
Latin, literally 'with highest praise'.
More definitions of summa cum laudeDefinition of summa cum laude in:
- The US English dictionary