Definition of summiteer in English:
1A participant in a meeting between heads of government: by tradition, summiteers do not embarrass each other before an election
More example sentences
- So the summiteers brought developing country leaders to Genoa for an audience and asked UN Secretary General Kofi Annan to launch his AIDS fund there.
- The summiteers would like to keep their meeting focused on bilateral matters.
- So far it's unclear what the co-chairs have in mind to do with the mandate they received from the summiteers and the mayor.
2A climber who has reached the summit of a mountain: until last year the 70-odd summiteers were matched by the 70 people who had died on its flanks
More example sentences
- This May, Peter Hillary and Jamling Tenzing Norgay, the sons of the first Everest summiteers, will reach Base Camp after a leisurely trek with Brent Bishop, son of Barry Bishop, a member of the first successful American climb.
- The celebrities rode in a traditional Nepalese-style procession of Everest summiteers, mountaineers, Nepalese government and other officials that passed through the main thoroughfare of Nepal's capital.
- Everest summiteer and author of Military Mountainteering, Bronco Lane, says Jeremy writes with experience to set the scene for a mountaineering tragedy.
Words that rhyme with summiteeradhere, Agadir, Anglosphere, appear, arrear, auctioneer, austere, balladeer, bandolier, Bashkir, beer, besmear, bier, blear, bombardier, brigadier, buccaneer, cameleer, career, cashier, cavalier, chandelier, charioteer, cheer, chevalier, chiffonier, clavier, clear, Coetzee, cohere, commandeer, conventioneer, Cordelier, corsetière, Crimea, dear, deer, diarrhoea (US diarrhea), domineer, Dorothea, drear, ear, electioneer, emir, endear, engineer, fear, fleer, Freer, fusilier, gadgeteer, Galatea, gazetteer, gear, gondolier, gonorrhoea (US gonorrhea), Greer, grenadier, hand-rear, hear, here, Hosea, idea, interfere, Izmir, jeer, Judaea, Kashmir, Keir, kir, Korea, Lear, leer, Maria, marketeer, Medea, Meir, Melilla, mere, Mia, Mir, mishear, mountaineer, muleteer, musketeer, mutineer, near, orienteer, pamphleteer, panacea, paneer, peer, persevere, pier, Pierre, pioneer, pistoleer, privateer, profiteer, puppeteer, racketeer, ratafia, rear, revere, rhea, rocketeer, Sapir, scrutineer, sear, seer, sere, severe, Shamir, shear, sheer, sincere, smear, sneer, sonneteer, souvenir, spear, sphere, steer, stere, Tangier, tear, tier, Trier, Tyr, veer, veneer, Vere, Vermeer, vizier, volunteer, Wear, weir, we're, year, Zaïre
Definition of summiteer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan