- 1A participant in a meeting between heads of government: by tradition, summiteers do not embarrass each other before an electionMore example sentences
- So the summiteers brought developing country leaders to Genoa for an audience and asked UN Secretary General Kofi Annan to launch his AIDS fund there.
- The summiteers would like to keep their meeting focused on bilateral matters.
- So far it's unclear what the co-chairs have in mind to do with the mandate they received from the summiteers and the mayor.
- 2A climber who has reached the summit of a mountain: until last year the 70-odd summiteers were matched by the 70 people who had died on its flanksMore example sentences
- This May, Peter Hillary and Jamling Tenzing Norgay, the sons of the first Everest summiteers, will reach Base Camp after a leisurely trek with Brent Bishop, son of Barry Bishop, a member of the first successful American climb.
- The celebrities rode in a traditional Nepalese-style procession of Everest summiteers, mountaineers, Nepalese government and other officials that passed through the main thoroughfare of Nepal's capital.
- Everest summiteer and author of Military Mountainteering, Bronco Lane, says Jeremy writes with experience to set the scene for a mountaineering tragedy.
More definitions of summiteerDefinition of summiteer in:
- The US English dictionary