- The highest good, especially as the ultimate goal according to which values and priorities are established in an ethical system: the human figure—the summum bonum of academic art—predominatedMore example sentences
- Thus he suggested that in our moral thought we were aware of a duty to promote what he called the summum bonum, the highest good, and also of an associated obligation to pursue our moral perfection as individuals.
- The first we shall consider goes by sketching some conception of the good life, the summum bonum (maximum good).
- Nirvana is the summum bonum of Buddhism and goal of the Eightfold Path.
More definitions of summum bonumDefinition of summum bonum in:
- The US English dictionary