- A dance performed by North American Indians in honour of the sun: [as modifier]: the Sun Dance pole was already upMore example sentences
- It was an object that had been prayed over, if you will, by the leaders of the sun dance, and it had been around the sun dance fire.
- Even their most sacred religious ceremony, the sun dance, has been disrupted by federal agents who ordered the ceremonial grounds to be flattened by bulldozers.
- Earlier that summer, perhaps in late June, Crazy Horse's people had hosted a sun dance.
More definitions of sun danceDefinition of sun dance in:
- The US English dictionary