- An African tree squirrel that typically has a dark ringed tail, noted for basking in the sun, which often causes bleaching of the fur.
More example sentences
- Genus Heliosciurus, family Sciuridae: five species
- The active sun squirrels have been playing hide and seek with guides.
- The six African rodents are tree or sun squirrels, rope squirrels, dormice, Gambian giant pouched rats, brush-tailed porcupines and striped mice.
- Animals and birds who specialise in this habitat type include colobus monkey, dwarf crocodile, Maxwell's duiker, Gambian sun squirrel and green touraco.