Definition of sunbed in English:
1A lounger used for sunbathing.
- She said she had seen sunbeds, chairs and tables washed away by the waves, but had been shielded from the main force of the water.
- Round the pool (did I mention this is like no other campsite?) by the Fish Eagle bar, voted by the New York Times as one of the world's most romantic bars, are sunbeds to lounge in after the morning safari.
- When estate agency staff were sent off to southern Spain, it wasn't to lounge on sunbeds all day soaking up the rays.
1.1An apparatus used for acquiring a tan, consisting of two banks of lamps between which one lies or stands.
- WHO warns against sunbeds: Sunbeds should never be used by people aged under 18 or people who tend to freckle, warns the World Health Organization.
- The Council operates six fast-tan sunbeds, four high performance sunbeds, four ordinary sunbeds and three facial sunbeds across the district.
- An estimation for Swedish sunbed users even gives the annual UV dose from sunbeds as approximately equivalent to that from sun exposure.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.