- A small, brightly coloured Old World songbird with a long downcurved bill, feeding on nectar and resembling a hummingbird (but not able to hover).
More example sentences
- Family Nectariniidae: four genera, in particular Nectarinia, and numerous species
- However, I stray from the purpose of our trip: birds, which were no less alluring than all the scenes mentioned above, with names such as leafbirds, bulbuls, coucals, laughingthrushes, babblers, sunbirds and junglefowl.
- Several studies have demonstrated a concentration preference pattern that is consistent with this conjecture: in both hummingbirds and sunbirds, discriminatory ability is more precise at low that at high concentrations.
- He photographed many species of colourful sunbirds hovering and sipping nectar.
More definitions of sunbirdDefinition of sunbird in:
- The US English dictionary