- 1Without any sun: a sunless winter dayMore example sentences
- Come winter, he'll have to brave a frigid, largely sunless climate.
- They will travel as far away as 750 miles through the sunless winter, not to return until the new spring.
- The next 10 days were dull and sunless the severe spell becoming a distant memory.
- 1.1(Of a place) receiving no sunlight: the windowless, sunless headquartersMore example sentences
- Action in the Gothic novel tends to take place at night, or at least in a claustrophobic, sunless environment.
- It is used only in the cold, sunless north.
- Olde England must have been a sunless maze that stretched from Penzance to Carlisle.
- More example sentences
- All around us things flowered in the misty gray, red, orange, pink and blue, as though shouting against the sunlessness of the day.
- The sunlessness of life in West Berlin is an observable thing.
- The small, isolated community is slowing down in preparation for a month of total sunlessness, an annual occurrence that prompts the temporary departure of many citizens.