1A ray of sunlight: your skin is being bombarded with sunrays
More example sentences
- The light Monday morning sunrays warmed Hanna's body as she walked to school, her heart feeling a lot heavier than usual.
- The sunrays reflected off each tiny crystal of the chandelier, lighting up the dark stony walls of the hall revealing pictures and portraits of the kings long before.
- Windows of stained glass allowed in the afternoon sunrays, casting shades of green and gold light onto the stone floor.
1.1A radiating line or broadening stripe resembling a ray of the sun.
- In slicing them up, I also discovered how beautiful this vegetable is, with the white on white sunray pattern on each slice.
- Arrange the zucchini sticks in a sunray pattern on top, breaking the sticks in smaller pieces to fill the gaps.
- Add the anchovies if using (form little crosses made of two fillets, or lay them in a sunray pattern in the center of the pie).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.