Definition of sunray in English:
1A ray of sunlight: your skin is being bombarded with sunrays
More example sentences
- The light Monday morning sunrays warmed Hanna's body as she walked to school, her heart feeling a lot heavier than usual.
- The sunrays reflected off each tiny crystal of the chandelier, lighting up the dark stony walls of the hall revealing pictures and portraits of the kings long before.
- Windows of stained glass allowed in the afternoon sunrays, casting shades of green and gold light onto the stone floor.
1.1A radiating line or broadening stripe resembling a ray of the sun.
- In slicing them up, I also discovered how beautiful this vegetable is, with the white on white sunray pattern on each slice.
- Arrange the zucchini sticks in a sunray pattern on top, breaking the sticks in smaller pieces to fill the gaps.
- Add the anchovies if using (form little crosses made of two fillets, or lay them in a sunray pattern in the center of the pie).