Definition of sunray pleats in English:
Widening pleats radiating out from a skirt’s waistband.
- My clothes are gorgeous including a white satin evening gown with sunray pleats and some loose, very feminine culottes.
- She showed off her clever construction and tailoring skills with delicate ruching and sunray pleats and sleeves that had been delicately gathered to create just the right amount of puff.
- I remember trying on one with the sunray pleats and I looked like the side of a house.
- Example sentences
- It's an empress-style dress with sequined bodice and a lean silk drop, sunray-pleated to emphasise elegant posture.
- The underdress, in an orange-shot-gold vintage silk taffeta was constructed using layers of sharply sunray-pleated panels heavily decorated with antique beads.
- It was constructed with layers of sharply sunray-pleated panels.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan