- A stipulation that an agency or programme be disbanded or terminated at the end of a fixed period unless it is formally renewed: it would have to be limited by a five-year sunset provisionMore example sentences
- The Department of Justice urged Congress, which had built in a sunset provision in 1978, not to renew it.
- The subsequent reauthorization debates, which took place because of a five-year sunset provision embedded within the law, resolved any ambiguity about Congress's intentions.
- Only time will tell if the Court truly believes that affirmative action programs have a twenty-five-year sunset provision.
More definitions of sunset provisionDefinition of sunset provision in:
- The US English dictionary