- 1Direct sunlight unbroken by cloud, especially over a comparatively large area: we walked in the warm sunshineMore example sentences
- Exposing prints to direct sunshine, but also artificial light from bulbs is one of the worst and most frequent mistakes.
- One is also soothed and warmed by the brilliant sunshine that illuminates the painting.
- The island plays host to several microclimates and in the space of a one-hour winter drive, you can experience warm sunshine, blustery winds, heavy rainfall and blue skies again.
- 1.1Cheerfulness; happiness: their colourful music can bring a ray of sunshineMore example sentences
- Yet shining like a ray of blissed-out sunshine and catapulting its way into your consciousness amidst this mediocrity is the quite simply gorgeous title track.
- With the coda taken at a fierce clip, the brilliant concluding string flourishes were like musical sunshine greeting the joy of spring.
- I could just rationalize the idea that he wants to be open and honest and that I'm a ray of the disinfecting sunshine.
- More example sentences
- The day had changed from a gray, rainy day to a beautiful bright, sunshiny day, perfect for a caravan.
- Consequently, someone who is comfortable in the company of children, and who enjoys the endless racket they create, could be a sunshiny person with a positive outlook, someone who enjoys all that life has to offer.
- As the morning progressed, the gentle shimmering hues gave way to powerful strokes of deep blue and strident greens competing with shades of sunshiny yellow.