Retire (someone) with a pension: his pilot’s licence was withdrawn and he was superannuated
More example sentences
- Soon after superannuating at the UN, Reddy wrote a paper on India and South Africa.
- Pirate radio was about to be superannuated by the BBC shake-up that would give rise to Radio One.
- More example sentences
- Distinction awards and discretionary points, which provide £170m a year in superannuable bonus payments for senior doctors, will be merged into a single, more graduated scheme with increased funding.
- The difference between the two is that military salary is superannuable.
Definition of superannuate in:
- The US English dictionary