- 1(Of a post or employee) belonging to a superannuation scheme: she is not superannuated and has no paid holidayMore example sentences
- The council is holding its financial breath over the burgeoning black hole in the local authority's superannuated final salary pension scheme.
- They are employees of the state sector who enjoy superannuated job security amidst an ocean of poverty.
- Some superannuated blokes are still wearing the long hair of a 1970s pop or football star, even though their face resemble a wrinkled prune.
- 2Outdated or obsolete through age or new developments: superannuated computing equipment a superannuated hippyMore example sentences
- People should use the internet to inform their purchasing rather than some superannuated arbitrary knees-up.
- Hollywood is the graveyard for all the uprooted cultural artifacts of a superannuated tradition.
- Mind you, the annals of British sportscasting contain many examples of superannuated pundits who soldier on well past their sell-by dates.