- 1Very good; excellent: a superb performanceMore example sentences
excellent, superlative, first-rate, first-class, superior, supreme, outstanding, remarkable, dazzling, marvellous, magnificent, wonderful, splendid, admirable, noteworthy, impressive, fine, exquisite, exceptional, glorious, sublime, perfect, of the first order, of the first water• informal great, fantastic, fabulous, stellar, terrific, super, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, awesome, ace, cool, A1, tip-top
- Both the writing and the performances are superb.
- It's not a work you find programmed or recorded a lot, although it has attracted many superb pianists.
- I once gardened on a city terrace where my next door neighbour was a superb gardener by the name of Miss Jean Harvey.
- 2Impressively splendid: the Bey of Tunis was building himself a superb mausoleumMore example sentences
- Renvyle House Hotel has an idyllic setting, with its own stretch of beach, superb grounds including a croquet lawn, and rambling but beautifully maintained gardens.
- The game's graphics are stupendous, amazing, superb, and outstanding - choose your favorite.
- Visually this is all superb and the sight of the Statue of Liberty getting frozen is chilling.
- More example sentences
- In addition to the superbness of its content, the quality of the book itself is also high.
- The seven serpentine lakes, enhanced mounding, and the superbness of the fast breaking greens will blow you away.
- Well, a few things may have been missed, but that sort of thing happens, and it doesn't diminish one bit the superbness of the work done.
mid 16th century (in sense 2): from Latin superbus 'proud, magnificent'.