- A device that increases the pressure of the fuel-air mixture in an internal-combustion engine, fitted in order to achieve greater efficiency.More example sentences
- And with the amazing superchargers and fuel pumps we are getting this season, changes in the bellhousing to handle the additional power are inevitable.
- It's also important, but not critical, to note that screw and centrifugal superchargers compress the air within their housings whereas Roots blowers force air through the blower and the compressing is done in the manifold.
- The engine-component and cylinder-head moratorium includes, but is not limited to, engine blocks, cylinder heads, intake manifolds, fuel injectors, and superchargers.
More definitions of superchargerDefinition of supercharger in:
- The US English dictionary