- A cluster of galaxies which themselves occur as clusters.More example sentences
- By the time the universe was half a million years old, matter had begun to coalesce into the blobs that later became galaxy clusters and superclusters; during its next half million years the universe grew by 50 percent.
- It is no coincidence that superclusters of galaxies are roughly of this size; they result from this resounding cosmic fanfare.
- Many significant advances in astrophysics during the past sixty years, however, have involved our own Milky Way galaxy, as well as our local supercluster of galaxies and the structure of the universe as a whole.
More definitions of superclusterDefinition of supercluster in:
- The US English dictionary