- A collider in which superconducting magnets are used to accelerate particles to energies of millions of megavolts.More example sentences
- It is used mainly in cars, planes, bridges, computer chips, artificial body parts and in supercolliders, like the particle accelerator in Geneva, Switzerland.
- A supercollider is in fact being built: the Large Hadron Collider at CERN.
- He pauses, then adds, ‘The good thing is that in finance we don't have to build [particle] supercolliders.’
More definitions of supercolliderDefinition of supercollider in:
- The US English dictionary