- The amount by which the outer edge of a curve on a road or railway is banked above the inner edge.More example sentences
- The LC.C. Accident Report assigns the accident to excessive speed on the curve, which had a limit of 20 mph, since it was a 12-1/2 degree curve with only three inches of superelevation.
- Mr Gallagher, who is an experienced road construction supervisor, also highlighted a deficiency in the superelevation of the road (agreed by the council) at the site of the crash scene.
- Okay, the superelevation wasn't that steep, but still…
More definitions of superelevationDefinition of superelevation in:
- The US English dictionary