- An exceptionally successful rock group or one formed by musicians already famous from playing in other groups.More example sentences
- Instead, it's just another reminder that as rock supergroups go, the whole often measures up to a little bit less than the sum of its parts.
- We don't to be some kind of rock supergroup for the sake of being a supergroup.
- The problem with this record, besides barely ticking the odometer over 40 minutes despite featuring a 15-minute jam track at the end, is that it comes from a supergroup, and for a supergroup it's kinda lacking.
More definitions of supergroupDefinition of supergroup in:
- The US English dictionary