- 1The state of being superior: an attempt to establish superiority over others the allies have achieved air superiorityMore example sentences
- I believe a free society can be achieved only by convincing our fellow men of its superiority over possible alternatives.
- Both detectives soon come to blows over how to handle the case, each totally convinced of their superiority over the other until the killer strikes again, and again.
- As the privileged core of colonial English education, they were used to bolster ideas of English superiority over the culture and literature of the ‘natives’.
- 2A supercilious manner or attitude: he attacked the media’s smug superiorityMore example sentences
- The main weakness of the tradition is an attitude of campy superiority, one that can quickly become self-congratulatory.
- True, his whole attitude is one of superiority, but it is more playful in nature.
- Culturalism smacks of attitudes of superiority and cultural elitism - my culture is better than yours.