- Lying over or above something else; overlying.More example sentences
- It was probably deposited in deeper water environments than the underlying Fairview Formation and the superjacent Bellevue strata but probably in shallower water environments than most of the Kope Formation.
- The taxonomic diversity is higher than in the underlying Kope Formation and the superjacent upper Arnheim-lower Waynesville interval.
- Higher in the Sheinwoodian Slite Group and in the superjacent Homerian Mulde Formation, morphotype C appears which has a distinctly enlarged first denticle succeeding the fang.
late 16th century: from Latin superjacent-, from super- 'over' + jacere 'to lie'.
More definitions of superjacentDefinition of superjacent in:
- The US English dictionary