noun (plural supermen)
- 1 another term for Übermensch.More example sentences
- For Nietzsche, Manu and his code of caste regulations became the basis for a theory of the superman, just as the brahmin and the Aryan fused to incarnate the notion of ‘pure blood.’
- It could be the deconstruction of the myth of the Nietzschean superman.
- Long years ago, at the very beginning of my writing career, I attacked Nietzsche and his superman idea.
- 2 (Superman) A US cartoon character having great strength, the ability to fly, and other extraordinary powers.More example sentences
- Let's play fashion expert for a second and compare the new Superman to the old-school Supermen.
- It was one of the worst cases of special effects regression since the lesser known of the Supermen movies.
- But Superman moved away from Smallville, you say.
More definitions of supermanDefinition of superman in:
- The US English dictionary