- Denoting a microprocessor architecture where several instructions are loaded at once and, as far as possible, are executed simultaneously, shortening the time taken to run the whole program.More example sentences
- The result: processors could all be rated using a measure as standard as clock frequency but more relevant to today's superscalar, multi-threading CPUs. Finally, the ‘megahertz myth’ could be laid to rest.
- The company is looking at superscalar and very long instruction word implementations, as well as ways to do multiprocessing and confirming an expansion into some form of 64 bit processing.
- In fact, the ability to perform more than one operation per clock cycle is the essence of the superscalar architecture.
More definitions of superscalarDefinition of superscalar in:
- The US English dictionary