noun[usually as modifier] Medicine
- A voltage in excess of 200 kV used in X-ray radiotherapy: supervoltage therapyMore example sentences
- We report 2 new cases of morphea at the site of previous supervoltage radiation therapy for breast cancer.
- Once the supervoltages have been established and the correct logic states exist on the other device pins, programming may begin.
- In the 1940's and 1950's, with the advent of supervoltage therapy machines, telecurie sources, and energetic particle beams, the Roentgen was still the only recognized unit for radiation measurement.
More definitions of supervoltageDefinition of supervoltage in:
- The US English dictionary