Definition of supinate in English:
verb[with object] Anatomy
1Turn or hold (a hand, foot, or limb) so that the palm or sole is facing upwards or outwards: (as adjective supinated) a supinated foot Compare with pronate.
More example sentences
- To correct the clubfoot, the cavus is corrected first by supinating the forefoot and dorsiflexing the first metatarsal.
- The examiner grasps the wrist, resisting attempts by the patient to actively supinate the arm and flex the elbow.
- The biceps come into play quite strongly to supinate your hands, as well as to flex the arms.
- Example sentences
- Strength testing of the biceps and triceps muscles, pronation, supination, and wrist flexion and extension should be performed.
- With biceps tendinosis, the physical examination reveals tenderness of the distal biceps tendon that increases with resisted flexion and supination.
- Common abnormalities, which include lack of full supination and full pronation, may indicate an old injury of the forearm, wrist or elbow.
Definition of supinate in:
- US English dictionary