Any of a number of tropical and subtropical climbing plants with tough, supple stems:
- ● A tall North American climber (Berchemia scandens, family Rhamnaceae). ● A plant of the Caribbean and tropical America (Paullinia plumieri, family Sapindaceae). ● An Australasian plant (Ripogonum scandens, family Liliaceae).
More example sentences
- Vines attractive for fruit include supplejack, zone 6; Virginia creeper, zone 4; and grape, zone 3, depending on species.
- Greenbrier vines and a vine known as supplejack climb over some of the vegetation.
- People used to make crayfish pots out of interlaced supplejack and Number 8 wire - that nearly universal Kiwi solution to construction problems.
Definition of supplejack in:
- The US English dictionary