Denoting or relating to a policy designed to increase output and employment by changing the conditions under which goods and services are supplied, especially by measures which reduce government involvement in the economy and allow the free market to operate.
- The backlash brought monetarist and supply-side doctrines into prominence.
- The most common types of regional policies are supply-side policies, which attempt to improve the environment for local investment by upgrading the quality of the local production factor inputs.
- Both concentrate on supply-side policy, using the stick of ‘employability’ as an excuse to downgrade welfare benefits.
- Example sentences
- Whether you're a Keynesian or a supply-sider, you believe tax cuts stimulate the economy.
- Even more egregious was an early doctrine of another group of supposed free-market advocates, the supply-siders.
- President John F. Kennedy, lionized by today's supply-siders for his 1963 tax cut, first proposed closing the deferral loophole 40 years ago, when it was a far smaller drain.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: supply-side
Definition of supply-side in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.