- Situated above the optic chiasma.More example sentences
- In the front part of the hypothalamus lie the supraoptic and paraventricular nuclei, which send axons down through the stalk of the pituitary gland and into its posterior lobe, called the ‘neurohypophysis’.
- In contrast, the teleost POA is considered to be the functional and topological equivalent to the paraventricular and supraoptic nuclei of the hypothalamus, which do not express POMC in mammals.
- The hypothalamus can be divided into an anterior supraoptic zone, an intermediate infundibulotuberal zone and a posterior mamillary zone (through which this section passes).
More definitions of supraopticDefinition of supraoptic in:
- The US English dictionary