- The Russian abstract art movement developed by Kazimir Malevich circa 1915, characterized by simple geometrical shapes and associated with ideas of spiritual purity.More example sentences
- In perfect synchronization with the Russian Revolutions at the beginning of the 20th century, constructivism and suprematism rose out of cubist roots to challenge the limits and the meaning of abstraction.
- More example sentences
- You might think of Russian suprematist Kasimir Malevich when looking at Kessler's squares within squares.
- The great modern ambition of the suprematists - to change all art everywhere - is replaced by the Soviet need to make plates and cups work better for them as propaganda.
More definitions of suprematismDefinition of suprematism in:
- The US English dictionary