- A style of popular music originating in the US in the early 1960s, characterized by high harmony vocals and typically having lyrics relating to surfing.More example sentences
- The story of his career, accident, and recovery, retold in many obituaries, is fairly well known: Berry was one of the founders of the vocal version of surf music.
- Allan, it's been said, was the missing link between heavy-reverb surf music, early garage punk and psychedelic acid rock.
- Somewhere along the line, surf music ceased to have anything to do with actual surfing and migrated to kitsch.
More definitions of surf musicDefinition of surf music in:
- The US English dictionary