- (Of a substance, such as a detergent) tending to reduce the surface tension of a liquid in which it is dissolved: some preservatives are inactivated by non-ionic surface-active agentsMore example sentences
- This will then allow observing directly the structure-function relationship of pulmonary surfactant and any other surface-active substance.
- An important case of adsorption on liquid surfaces is that of surface-active or surfactant molecules at the water-air or water-oil interface.
- The method might also prove highly valuable for the investigation of surface-active substances other than pulmonary surfactant.
More definitions of surface-activeDefinition of surface-active in:
- The US English dictionary