- (Of an electronic component) having leads that are designed to be soldered on the side of a circuit board that the body of the component is mounted on. Often contrasted with through-hole.More example sentences
- Under the nickel-finished, heavy brass body is a modern, double-sided board with low-noise FET electronics in a combination of axial and surface-mount components.
- Toshiba Electronics has introduced two surface-mount chipsets that are claimed to simplify the task of designing CD modules for use in vehicle audio applications.
- Available in standard-pitch, fine-pitch, memory, and plastic-leaded-chip-carrier/pin-grid-array models, these kits contain a variety of chips used to convert surface-mount components to through-hole devices.
More definitions of surface-mountDefinition of surface-mount in:
- The US English dictionary