- A substance which tends to reduce the surface tension of a liquid in which it is dissolved.More example sentences
- The primary conditioning ingredients are cationic surfactants, silicones, and polymers.
- Silicone surfactants, and amine and tin catalysts, are also used.
- Research on surfactants and membrane solubilization showed that anionic surfactants interact more with lipid bilayers.
1950s: from surf(ace)-act(ive) + -ant.
More definitions of surfactantDefinition of surfactant in:
- The US English dictionary