- The sport or pastime of riding a wave towards the shore while standing or lying on a surfboard; surfing: after a day of surfboarding, he suffered severe low back painMore example sentences
- By the Twenties, Californians had imported surfboarding from Hawaii.
- Skateboarding originated as an offshoot of surfboarding in California in the 1960s.
- Like my wife and two sons, I've got a major interest in water sports - surfboarding, surf ski riding and spear fishing.
More definitions of surfboardingDefinition of surfboarding in:
- The US English dictionary