Definition of surfing in English:
1The sport or pastime of riding a wave towards the shore while standing or lying on a surfboard.
- His perception of surfing is as the sport and lifestyle should be, positively happy.
- Her parents moved over to the islands in the late sixties and fell in love with the sport of surfing.
- Madeira has a host of water sports options including surfing and water skiing.
2The activity of moving from site to site on the Internet: why share your internet connection with people surfing and chatting?
More example sentences
- They were talking about internet and surfing and websites and email.
- The group plans to launch an education campaign to dispel the notion that Internet surfing is anonymous by default.
- The PC was fast, programs loaded in the blink of an eye, and Internet surfing was a breeze.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia