- 1The sport or pastime of riding a wave towards the shore while standing or lying on a surfboard.More example sentences
- His perception of surfing is as the sport and lifestyle should be, positively happy.
- Her parents moved over to the islands in the late sixties and fell in love with the sport of surfing.
- Madeira has a host of water sports options including surfing and water skiing.
- 2The activity of moving from site to site on the Internet: why share your internet connection with people surfing and chatting?More example sentences
- They were talking about internet and surfing and websites and email.
- The group plans to launch an education campaign to dispel the notion that Internet surfing is anonymous by default.
- The PC was fast, programs loaded in the blink of an eye, and Internet surfing was a breeze.
More definitions of surfingDefinition of surfing in:
- The US English dictionary