- A tank connected to a pipe carrying a liquid and intended to neutralize sudden changes of pressure in the flow by filling when the pressure increases and emptying when it drops.More example sentences
- The system will feed into a large surge tank, which will supply nitrogen directly to the gates.
- After cooling, the milk travels to pasteurized surge tanks and is later pumped to the product fillers.
- The surge tank acts in the same manner as a swirl pot, supplying an even flow of fuel to the injectors.
More definitions of surge tankDefinition of surge tank in:
- The US English dictionary