Feeling or showing surprise: there was a surprised silence
More example sentences
- The remark drew a surprised response from some of the judges.
- However, the folks behind a recent study sound surprised that a whopping 56 % of resumes are now sent by email.
- Both Georgiana and Charles looked surprised at these words, but Darcy continued even before they had a chance to form a question.
- Example sentences
- Amy looked at him surprisedly, and a little frightened.
- They all shook their heads and she looked at them surprisedly.
- Everyone looked at him surprisedly, because he didn't use that tone of voice very much.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sur|prised
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.