- [as submodifier]: the profit margin in advertising is surprisingly low [sentence adverb]: not surprisingly, his enthusiasm knew no boundsMore example sentences
- Not surprisingly, my friend decided to leave criticism of Mr Maxwell to the big boys.
- The constables were the backbone of the force and, not surprisingly, the lowest paid.
- The bond that you create with some of the people in Hong Kong is surprisingly powerful.
- More example sentences
- Are we talking about some sort of information-theoretical density - the informativeness or surprisingness of someone's choices of words, phrase structures and ideas?
- The images of the electric eel and the popping tangle of seaweed convey something of the speed and surprisingness of William's mind.
- We can also estimate the surprisingness of applicability conjectures, by assessing how likely it is that a production rule step would produce very few models.