verb (surveils, surveilling, surveilled)[with object] chiefly US
- Keep (a person or place) under surveillance: he deployed FBI agents to surveil the offices of those companiesMore example sentences
- We're heading into a world where everyone can surveil everyone else.
- The NYPD rotates six helicopters to surveil the city from above.
- Americans don't like to think that we're being surveilled.
1960s: back-formation from surveillance.
More definitions of surveilDefinition of surveil in:
- The US English dictionary