Definition of survivalism in English:
2The policy of trying to ensure one’s own survival or that of one’s social or national group.
- Darwin's survivalism supplied Marx's opiate, if only indirectly.
- However, a utopianism that has shrunk to the dimensions of survivalism is perhaps part of the problem rather than its solution.
- I suggest that Acorn is best viewed as a kind of left-wing communitarian survivalism.
- Example sentences
- A person who depends on one box of Carnation (which, I have learned from my reading, lasts only six months) should not go on living on an earth that will be filled with post-Armageddon survivalists.
- Roth's surreal maps and dioramas chart an evolving apocalyptic landscape that is home to nature-loving survivalists, freedom-fighters and terrorists.
- Some fairly disappointed survivalists will be peeking cautiously out of their home-made underground concrete bunkers this morning at oh-six-hundred hours.
Pronunciation: /səˈvʌɪv(ə)lɪst/noun& adjective
Definition of survivalism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.