- The temporary cessation of most vital functions without death, as in a dormant seed or a hibernating animal.More example sentences
- Seeds are wonders of suspended animation, vehicles for the survival of embryonic plants, but their powers do not last forever.
- In fact, evidence suggests that the compound, which puts cells in a temporary state of suspended animation, may help protect brain cells from the ravages of Parkinson's disease as well.
- Anhydrobiosis is a state of suspended animation certain invertebrate animals enter in response to severe drought.
More definitions of suspended animationDefinition of suspended animation in:
- The US English dictionary