Definition of suspender in English:
1 (usually suspenders) British An elastic strap attached to a belt or garter, fastened to the top of a stocking to hold it up.
- In contrast, when you stretch out a leg and place your toe into a rolled down sheer nylon stocking, there's a feeling of pure sensual pleasure as you slowly roll it up to hook into the suspender.
- A Vettriano woman wears stockings and suspenders, never tights.
- The short, light green dress exposed her stockings and suspenders and her long, slim legs.
2 (suspenders) North American A pair of braces for holding up trousers.
- I can remember the beginning of my academic career wherein all first-graders were compelled to wear short trousers and cloth suspenders over white shirts open at the neck, knee socks and leather shoes cut above the ankles.
- Both offer everything from shirts and suspenders to frock coats and dusters (long coats).
- He wore a casual white dress shirt with black suspenders over it, and had dark pants that barely fit on his stout body.
Definition of suspender in:
- Spanish dictionary