Definition of suspender in English:
1 (usually suspenders) British An elastic strap attached to a belt or garter, fastened to the top of a stocking to hold it up.
- In contrast, when you stretch out a leg and place your toe into a rolled down sheer nylon stocking, there's a feeling of pure sensual pleasure as you slowly roll it up to hook into the suspender.
- A Vettriano woman wears stockings and suspenders, never tights.
- The short, light green dress exposed her stockings and suspenders and her long, slim legs.
2 (suspenders) North American A pair of braces for holding up trousers.
- I can remember the beginning of my academic career wherein all first-graders were compelled to wear short trousers and cloth suspenders over white shirts open at the neck, knee socks and leather shoes cut above the ankles.
- Both offer everything from shirts and suspenders to frock coats and dusters (long coats).
- He wore a casual white dress shirt with black suspenders over it, and had dark pants that barely fit on his stout body.
Words that rhyme with suspenderaddenda, agenda, amender, ascender, attender, blender, Brenda, contender, corrigenda, descender, engender, extender, fazenda, fender, gender, Glenda, Gwenda, hacienda, Länder, lender, mender, offender, pudenda, recommender, referenda, render, sender, slender, spender, splendour (US splendor), surrender, tender, Venda, weekender, Wenda
Definition of suspender in:
- Spanish dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.