Definition of sustained in English:
Continuing for an extended period or without interruption: several years of sustained economic growth
More example sentences
- He says the ultimate defeat of terror extremists will require what he called a sustained, substantial commitment.
- Under Mr. Mbeki, the nation has had the longest period of sustained economic growth in its history.
- Not surprisingly, the fans greeted the news with an eruption of sustained applause.
- Example sentences
- Moeller has launched a company-wide procurement project aimed at sustainedly reducing the cost of materials.
- The efficiency and cost transparency in the production can be enhanced sustainedly with less capital expenditure.
- Some patients cannot imagine vividly or sustainedly enough for therapy to take hold.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.