- Denoting a drug preparation in a capsule containing numerous tiny pellets with different coatings that release their contents steadily over a long period.More example sentences
- Sustained pain relief can be achieved with long-acting preparations, such as sustained-release oxycodone, morphine preparations or transdermal fentanyl.
- Allan and colleagues compared transdermal fentanyl to sustained-release oral morphine in patients with noncancer chronic pain in a large, multicenter, two-way, crossover trial.
- Once a patient's pain has started to stabilize and an effective daily dose can be estimated, immediate - release preparations can be converted to sustained-release preparations.
More definitions of sustained-releaseDefinition of sustained-release in:
- The US English dictionary