- A level of exploitation or crop production which is maintained by restricting the quantity harvested to avoid long-term depletion: stocks of fish were exploited far beyond levels of sustained yield [as modifier]: productive forests managed on a sustained-yield basisMore example sentences
- The manager explained that his nursery provides Georgia-Pacific with the tools to maintain its sustained yield harvest commitment on 200,000 acres of lush North Coast forestland.
- The company being managed on a basis of sustained yield and production that could be the envy of the southern pine industry and other forest production areas of the nation.
- It has embraced its stewardship responsibilities for the rich variety of natural resources on the lands it manages, managing them for multiple use, sustained yield, and biodiversity integrity.
More definitions of sustained yieldDefinition of sustained yield in:
- The US English dictionary