Definition of swage in English:
1A shaped tool or die for giving a desired form to metal by hammering or pressure.
- The bumper-to-body join lines are discreet and in line with the side rubbing strake, and the wheel arches are gently flared instead of being bounded by thick swages.
- You can find wreaths, door swages and various other items for just about every season if you shop around a bit.
- These spring swages were carefully patterned after the shapes contained in an original Drew calking die I bought from the company many years ago.
verb[with object] Back to top
1Shape (metal) using a swage, especially in order to reduce its cross section: (as noun swaging) the instrument has a swaging head and a pulsed action which flattens the rivet in a series of rolling motions
More example sentences
- Since metal is swaged around a mandrel, the blank actually gets longer during the process.
- They are swaged to a uniform shape and weight, which promotes excellent accuracy.
- The hassle factor goes up exponentially when you have to swage primer pockets and keep that brass separate.
Definition of swage in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan