Definition of swallow dive in English:
A dive performed with one’s arms outspread until close to the water.
- The Rhinos defence gave chase, but although Mark Calderwood got close, he didn't get close enough to prevent Vainikolo celebrating with a spectacular swallow dive under the posts.
- I had got to the stage where I had decided even if I had to hire the entire Commonwealth pool and fly in an Olympic coach, I would do it just to learn a swallow dive and a proper hurdle step.
- McCoist offers something different, although his swallow dive garnered him no sympathy when he attempted to ‘win’ a penalty 10 minutes into the tie. The veteran deserved the jeers and a yellow card.
verb[no object] (swallow-dive) Back to top
Perform a swallow dive.
- Then the law required them to stand back and let him carry on swallow-diving.
- Climb to the top of the Empire State Building, swallow-dive into an elegant free-fall, and defy gravity with a judiciously timed web just before you hit the ground.
Definition of swallow dive in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan