Definition of swallow dive in English:
A dive performed with one’s arms outspread until close to the water.
- The Rhinos defence gave chase, but although Mark Calderwood got close, he didn't get close enough to prevent Vainikolo celebrating with a spectacular swallow dive under the posts.
- I had got to the stage where I had decided even if I had to hire the entire Commonwealth pool and fly in an Olympic coach, I would do it just to learn a swallow dive and a proper hurdle step.
- McCoist offers something different, although his swallow dive garnered him no sympathy when he attempted to ‘win’ a penalty 10 minutes into the tie. The veteran deserved the jeers and a yellow card.
verb[no object] (swallow-dive) Back to top
Perform a swallow dive.
- Then the law required them to stand back and let him carry on swallow-diving.
- Climb to the top of the Empire State Building, swallow-dive into an elegant free-fall, and defy gravity with a judiciously timed web just before you hit the ground.
Definition of swallow dive in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.