- A deciduous North American conifer with exposed root buttresses, typically growing in swamps and on water margins. Also called bald cypress.
More example sentences
- Taxodium distichum, family Taxodiaceae
- The two extinct species of Metasequoia were adapted to distinctly different swamp habitats, as are living dawn redwood compared with swamp cypress.
- Ecological polarity studies are most effective when applied to closely related organisms, such as swamp cypresses and canids.
- It's a beautiful lake with Spanish moss covered swamp cypresses and spectacular clouds in blue sky.
More definitions of swamp cypressDefinition of swamp cypress in:
- The US English dictionary