- A deer that inhabits swamps and grassy plains in India and Nepal. Also called barasingha.
More example sentences
- Cervus duvaucelli, family Cervidae
- ‘Illegal trapping and killing of wildlife in Manas has already taken a toll on larger mammals, such as the rhinoceros, tiger, swamp deer, and hog deer,’ said Narayan.
- Enclosures of the hyena, the black buck, the swamp deer, the sambar, the hog deer and the cape buffalo have been repaired and improved.
- The need for protection of the Sundarbans is highlighted by the record of past local mammalian extinctions, including the wild buffalo, the swamp deer and the hog deer.